After teasing the phone for a long time, Oppo finally took the wrap off its Find X smartphone. Claimed to be a futuristic flagship, the Find X can be quite intimidating at the first sight, thanks to its out-of-the-box mechanism for the sliding camera setup and a 93.8 percent of screen-to-body ratio. Oppo achieved what Lenovo claimed to bring with its Z5 smartphone i.e. an all-screen design without any overbearing presence of a notch or any other screen element. Oppo is boasting “panoramic arc screen” on the Find X, and we must say that it looks beautiful. Let’s take a look at the top five features that this unique flagship for Oppo packs.
OPPO Find X Top 5 Features
- The OPPO Find X‘s most prominent feature is its motorised camera setup. The smartphone ditched the conventional camera placement that we have been seeing on other phones for quite a long time now. Instead of placing the camera on the front and back panel, OPPO has integrated a motorised slider on top of the phone that slides up and down whenever the camera app is opened or the phone is to be unlocked via Face Unlock feature. OPPO boasts the setup as “Stealth 3D” camera system. The company claims that the motorised setup pops up in just 0.5 seconds, which is pretty good for something as innovative. Of course, many will have their fair share of doubts over the durability of the Find X with that kind of camera setup, but OPPO claims that it has performed over 300,000 durability tests before making the phone official.
- Unlike many recently launched flagships like the OnePlus 6 or Huawei P20 Pro, the OPPO Find X does not fall for the notch trend. It features an innovative all-glass design on the front and back panel that offers a vivid feeling to the users. OPPO seems to have put in a lot of effort in the making of the Find X and has packed it with a slew of features that are unique to the flagship segment.
- The Find X has ditched not only the notch design but also the fingerprint sensor. The phone features 3D facial recognition, which is integrated on the hardware level that makes it more secure than the facial recognition on other Android phones that have only included the feature on the software level. We can compare the 3D facial recognition technology on the Find X with the one found on the iPhone X. The Find X is equipped with a dot projector, an infrared camera and a flood illuminator, combined these elements make the O-Face Recognition (Face Unlock system on the Find X) way more secure and also make it work in dark surroundings.
- We can expect OPPO to launch the Find X in India, soon. The best part about the connectivity options on the phone is that it comes with global LTE bands. It is to be credited to OPPO’s new strategy that focuses on global markets instead of just China.
- Both the dual and front cameras on the Find X are integrated with AI technologies and features. The dual camera setup at the rear is touted by the company to detect 21 scenarios and tweak the photos accordingly. The front camera on the phone supports “Omoji” which is OPPO’s version of Apple’s Animoji.
OPPO Find X: Other Specifications
The OPPO Find X features a 6.42-inch full-HD+ AMOLED display at 1080×2340 pixels resolution with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and 93.8 percent screen-to-body ratio. Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection safeguards the screen on the phone. The phone runs Android 8.1 Oreo-based ColorOS 5.1. An octa-core Snapdragon 845 SoC powers the device with Adreno 630 GPU, 8GB of RAM, and 256GB of non-expandable internal storage.